Last Updated: June 2023
Our Media Limited (‘Our Media’ or ‘we’) is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using our digital platforms, including our websites and mobile apps. We strive to make your experience on our digital platforms enjoyable, relevant, and customised to your preferences and interests. We do this by using cookies.
This policy provides information about:
- Information about cookies and other online tracking technologies
- Analytics on our websites and emails
- Your preferences
- Contacting us
Updates to the Policy: This policy may be updated from time to time to keep up with legal and/or business developments. The date of the most recent changes to the policy will appear at the top of the page.
Information about Cookies and Other Online Tracking Technologies
Web Browser Cookies:
When you visit a website, the website’s server sends your computer or mobile device a small amount of data stored on your web browser – a cookie. A cookie contains some anonymous information such as a unique identifier, the website name, and some digits and numbers. It is used to record your online behaviour and preferences.
Different Types of Cookies:
- First Party Cookie: Set by the website you are visiting, and can only be read by that website.
- Third Party Cookie: Set by other companies who provide services to the website you are visiting, for example, analytics companies or advertising networks.
- Session Cookie: Set for the duration of your visit to the website, and will be deleted from your device when your browsing session ends.
- Persistent Cookie: Set for a fixed period of time if the website you are visiting needs to remember you over multiple sessions (for example, if you have asked the website to remember your location or username).
Local or HTML5 storage is similar to a browser cookie as the data is stored in your browser. Unlike cookies, however, the storage limit is greater, and data is not transferred to the website server. This allows usage and preference data (alongside the unique ID usually stored in a cookie) to be stored locally in your browser rather than on other systems and servers.
Tracking Technologies: Web Beacons, Pixels, GIFs, Page Tags, Script:
These terms describe technologies used in emails, on web pages, and mobile apps to understand how you interact with an email, website, or application. This usually takes the form of a small transparent image file or a line of code recording when you’ve opened an email, visited web pages, or viewed ads.
Usage of Tracking Technologies:
These technologies are often used in conjunction with cookies and may be used to target advertising on the web page you are viewing.
Policy on Cookies and Other Technologies:
In this policy, we refer to all these types of cookies and other technologies as “cookies”, except where otherwise stated.
Purpose of Cookies:
Cookies record your online identity and remember your online behaviour and preferences. This includes capturing browser and device information, internet service provider information, and interaction information like domain name, website visit details, page views, search keywords, and ad interaction.
Use Cases for Cookies:
- Keeping you logged in
- Remembering your online shopping basket
- Delivering location-specific information
- Tailoring advertising to your interests
- Enhancing your website experience
Our Approach to Using Cookies:
- Recognising your device to avoid repeated information input
- Remembering your username and password
- Providing a secure purchase experience
- Delivering content relevant to you
- Analyzing website traffic and use
- Detecting and tracking fraudulent activity
- Selecting and delivering relevant advertising
- Linking to affiliate websites and services
We use third parties to deliver some services, who also drop their own cookies.
Your Consent and Preferences:
Analytics on Our Websites and Emails
We use tools like Google Analytics to gather statistical information about website use and email traffic. This includes information like page views, user numbers, browser types, and location data.
Providers and Their Policies:
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics Privacy
- Zephr: Zephr Privacy Statement
- Unbounce: Unbounce Privacy
We use pixels in emails for quality control, tracking email receipt and open rates, and webpage visits from email links.
Pixel Providers and Information:
- Upland Software (Adestra): Upland Software Privacy
We display ads on our digital platforms. Cookies help make these ads relevant and interesting to you. Without cookies, the ads you see will be less personalized.
- Ads on our websites are served by providers like Double Click (Google) and others in the IAB Transparency and Consent Framework.
- Double Click: Double Click Ad Settings
- Ozone: Ozone Privacy Matters
- IAB Framework Vendors: IAB Europe Vendor List
Online Behavioural Advertising:
We use behavioural advertising, based on your web browsing history, to serve ads relevant to your interests. This involves aggregating information to form market segments.
- Online Behavioural Advertising Preferences: Your Online Choices UK
Setting Your Preferences:
- When visiting our websites or mobile apps, a pop-up will appear for cookie permission.
- You can set preferences for cookie types and providers via the “Set preferences” button in the pop-up.
- To change preferences, click “Change cookies preferences” on this webpage or the “Cookies” button on each webpage.
- We record your consent with a cookie, strictly necessary for recording preferences.
- Part of the IAB framework for consent collection and sharing with third-party providers.
Browser and Mobile Controls:
- Browsers allow users to accept, notify, or block cookies.
- Mobile devices provide advertising identifiers that can be controlled in device settings.
- Without cookies, website functionality and service delivery may be impacted.
- Non-personalized content and advertising will still be visible.
For more information on the cookies we use and their purposes, please contact us at email@example.com.